Archive (1986 ~ )
This is a list of my teaching preoccupations and stimulations over the years. In the old days, I would have made a stack of cards. This is also where the students assess themselves, using instruments such as a learning contract.
Health and CoDesign Studios
- Fifth Goal 2009: Design projects focussed upon Maternal Deaths in Assam (India), 2010. (Studio Pitch on Youtube and Prezi)
- The End: Ways of Dying 2016
- Human+ (poster human)
- Project Diabetes (PDF of LTIF Application ways-of-working-together-project-diabetes)
- ONJ – Austin Health
- Royal Dental Hospital
As an aside – this is a Prezi on teaching Sustainable Design.
- Locavore Project: Exploring the 100 mile diet as a design proposition, 2008. (PDF the-locavore-project)
- Campaign Projects: Projects as Campaigns for change, 2008.
- Campus Recycling Project: A zero waste community recycling project, 1998-2003.
- No Bottled Water (PDF of Course Poster 2008_no-bottled-water_poster)
- Wallahs Project PSS 2002
- Footprint Tools: Project to develop lo-carbon farming equipment and solutions, 2015. (With Rob Eales)
Vehicle Design Studios
- Car of the Future: Projects proposing Cars for a Sustainable Future, 2008~2012.
- Melbourne Icarus Project (PDF melbourne-icarus-project)
- Electric Bike (With Simon Curlis)
- Enfield Studio: Motorcycle Design with Enfield India as the goal, 2014.
Design Thinking Studios
- Corporation Game: The Corporation Game evaluation summarises the outcomes, 2005.
- Problem Kya hai
- Nomadic Affordances
- Hunting Wajima
- Edge to Edge 2015
Material Culture Studios
- Mythical Objects
- Design and the Everyday 2004
- The Informal Sector
- The Food Project
Honours and Capstone Projects
- Social and Sustainable Design: Honours Projects in the Sustainability pathway. (PDF Course Handout socialsusdesign_premajor)
- Rickshaw Project: The Agra Cycle Rickshaw Project, ITDP, 1998~2003.
- Embedded Projects
- Health Innovation
- Service Design
Also – Useful Docs for Teaching Honours Project Here.
History & Theory, aka Design Studies
- 305 Service Design: Prototyping a portable service design course for implementation in India, 2010.
- Asian Design: Developing an appreciation of Asian material culture, 2009. (PDF ad_handout)
- Born Global
- Cultural Amplification: Reprising Anxious Objects, exploring Fear, Anxiety and Intolerance through artefacts, 2005.
- DeerPark Project 2014
- Design Activism: Making activist designers of students, 2010~ongoing.
- Design Thinking 2006 (Pitch on Prezi)
- Disruptive Innovation 2007
- Global South: To develop an appreciation of Innovation in Sustainability in the Global South, 2016.
- Great Civilizations: Developing capacity in working in the Asian Context (China, India, South Korea, Japan, Turkey, Thailand, Indonesia), 2005~ongoing.
- Green Maps Melbourne
- Grow Your Inner Entrepreneur (Course Post)
- lOO Years – Womens Suffrage Victoria
- POMO: Getting under skin of post-modernism, 2000.
- Reading India (PDF Course Handout reading-india-handout)
- Recycling Incubator (Course Poster PDF recycling-incubator)
- Serving the Unserved: Developing service design capability, while reading Henry Reynolds, 2010.
- Social Innovation: Developing social innovation micro-ventures, 2006.
- Spending Habits (video): Developing capability in Sustainable Consumption, 2006 (Course Handout PDF spending-habits-handout)
- Teaching History
- The Most Good You Can Do (tbc)
- World Changing (Video Pitch)
Engineering, Technology and Manufacturing
- Austin 7: Educating for Manufacturing Capability by restoring a 1929 Austin 7, 2003.
- Industrial Design Engineering, 2018- (Mf6M)
- AMPF – Advanced Manufacturing Processes and Finishes (Course Plan ampf-course-planner-1998)
- Story Telling: Project taught at Bezalel (Jerusalem), 1999.
- Anxious Objects: Project taught at Les Ateliers (ENSCI, Paris), 2002.